Saturday, October 24, 2009

Outcome

I quarreled with an hon’ble man
an hon’ble man indeed was he.
Silly, he called me
silly I was but he too were silly.
We fought like cats and dogs
Till blood seeped though the flesh.
Words flew like slingshots
Who was the best? neither could decide
Rains drowned our words, but
who cared, the quarrel went off well.
Who was the first to stop
neither noticed, for weary were we equally.
Then looked for each other’s wounds
Does it hurt you my dear?
He asked, but I was concerned for his’
After all an hon’ble man he was and me, silly
But then we locked our hands and
Oblivious of what happened, parted as friends.
So deep was the pain in out hearts
In that we quarreled, for,
We never forgave each other
And never spoke again.
For, inscrutable are the ways of love!

(17/07/09)

No comments: