Sunday, November 1, 2009

ABANDONED

You have gone so far away
So far away into oblivion
And pity,
‘tis only now I realize
how much I needed you (cliché!).
Your breath kept me alive.
How suffocating I am now!
I always followed your footsteps,
now my steps have gone astray.
The Sun and the moon doth shine still
But I’d thrived on the brightness of your b’smiles.
I gather you strewn memories
Like precious gems lost on sand.
One I retrieve, it tells of another
I seek out that and then its another!
Were you so dear and near to me
I wonder! For so profuse are these gems!
Sorry,
I can’t recollect your face.
Was it fair or dark? Of what shape?
Just a presence, and the smiles that glowed, were you
Taken for granted!
Happy that you will be there,happy that
I’ll be loved, come what may!
Yes you were taken for granted.
Friend so dearest, heart that you loved
Loved so fondest, days those precious!
Oh the clouds that wander high above
Rain on me that love which
I squandered away.
A drop,Oh dear! a single precious drop
from your heart…..
(01/11/2009)

2 comments:

ശ്രീനാഥന്‍ said...

that privilege I take, the first to comment.
gems after gems you collect, still not recollecting the face--
fruits and flowers, you are interested in, but not in the plant that showered it on you!

Gita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.