Friday, August 14, 2009

SCHIZOPHRENIC

SCHIZOPHRENIC

I hear voices all around me
In daylight and nightfall.
Threatening, pleading, murmuring
Hateful and at time amorous.
Male or female, I know not
But human yes, sure of that.I get to work but they drag me out
Such powerful are they that never cease.
A drizzle at first gains on as shower.
Come out, they say, one or many I know not,
Come with us to the world of eternity.
Deprived of my solitudes I grew
From infancy to the whiteness.
I never were alone the voices came to me
Every now and then devouring my peace.
At times they threaten to kill me
a wary bus, a deep pool, a gust of air.
So I’ve quit travelling, not even
venture beyond my thresholds.
Sometimes they speak from the sun
each ray an individual voice.
So I painted my windows black
Drew the curtains and pulled over a sheet.
But still through the air they
whisper, each whisp a thunder in my ears.
I plug my ears, my eyes and nose
It is suffocation, but relieving.
Now they speak through my heart
A thud thud every now and then
So I pulled out the eerie thing
And shred to pieces, and now its tranquility.

No comments: